Saturday, February 10, 2007

Swimming at Fontana in Clark Air Base!

So today is Saturday.. since Lilia went out and Don and Andy went shopping I decided to do our laundry, which usually the lady that works in the house, Cecil, does. It was an old fashion spin washer and took a bit of time...but the clothes dried on the line so fast....everyone hangs up clothes here!BUT the fun thing was Dennis, Lilia's brother in law, took us all swimming at this beautiful pool...as I left my bathing suit in Canada, I was wearing what I wore to the ocean. But they wouldn't let me in the water because I didn't have a spagetti strap top...however I sat by the rock in the water, on the left side of the first picture...it was there I met the Korean lady and discovered she was a Christian, a pastor's wife, a missionary to the mountain people here, who came down after the volcano. She invited Andy and I to come visit with her and the 31 (including kids) team workers that were with her! THAT was exciting...and if I hadn't been forbidden to swim I'd never have met her! They were either 1st or second generation Christians. One had come to know the Lord because of the Doulos...the OMF ship! It was fun trying to communicate...some talked and understood English well...but I was told I talk too fast!


3 Comments:

Blogger Amy said...

So are ya gonna go visit with her? Or did you already? That IS a nice looking pool ... spaghetti straps? Weird.

The Doulos ... cool. Was that the one Dave Marshall was on? Or who was it that we knew that went on those ships?

8:21 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

NEVER travel without a swimsuit!! Cardinal rule!!!!

8:25 AM  
Blogger Laura Jean said...

It is amazing who you can met poolside. Did you and Andy get to visit with the Korean lady and her team? How exciting for you. Glad that Katherine was able to help you with the beach marketers too. Really happy for you both to be able to visit the Phillipines and spending time with the Inch family too. Miss you tons though! We get back from our vacation on the same day - the 19th! Safe travels!

9:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home